Tuesday 20 November 2007

Thanks Darling!

What a lovely early Christmas present courtesy of HMRC and the Chancellor of the Exchequer. Tonight I joined the 25 million other British Citizens who have had their data exposed to risk of ID fraud.

The personal security of my daughter has also been compromised which I also find totally unacceptable.

And these people want our biometric data as well!

This has to be the death of the madcap ID cards idea. Who on earth would want to trust this Government with their data after this? I for one, will not.

If this Government pushes it to the limit then yes, I am prepared to go to prison to protect my right to control my identity. In my view, identity is a property right that people should assign. It is not the property of the State and compulsion to provide it is an unacceptable form of nationalisation that must be resisted.

No comments: